New Booked Up titles revealed…
The 17 book titles that will be on offer to all Year 7 pupils in England from September 2011 are now online at Booked Up, which is celebrating its fifth year.
The programme will deliver 650,000 free books from a list that includes winners of the Waterstone’s Children’s Book Prize and the Blue Peter Book Award.
Our Year 7 students will again be able to choose which book they want during the Term 2.
The 2011 Booked Up book list:
* Pumpkin Grumpkin by John Agard and Grace Nichols
* The Name of This Book is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch * Artichoke Hearts by Sita Brahmachari * How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
* The Ghost Box by Catherine Fisher
* The Kick Off by Dan Freedman
* Mortlock by Jon Mayhew
* Why is Snot Green? by Glenn Murphy
* Big Nate – The Boy with the Biggest Head in the World by Lincoln Peirce
* Dead Man’s Cove by Lauren St John
* Frankie Foster: Fizzy Pop by Jean Ure
* The Truth About Leo by David Yelland
* Boffin Boy and the Wizard of Edo by David Orme and Peter Richardson
* Little Bo Peep has Knickers That Bleep by Laurence Anholt & Arthur Robins
* The Dragon Machine by Helen Ward and Wayne Anderson
* You Choose by Pippa Goodhart and Nick Sharratt * Don’t You Dare, Dragon! by Annie Kubler
Keep your eye peeled for further information later in the year on how to claim your free book.